Digital Printing Press Operator
Start Date: 09/13/2021 | Department: Printing-digital | Reports To: Production Manager
Press operators are responsible for printing the print schedule for the day. The operator will work directly with the production manager to ensure that all jobs are printed accurately and in a timely manner. This person must also maintain the equipment to the highest standards.
- Must be able to start the press and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size
- Must display strict and consistent attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of various printing process and materials
- Must be able to clean, make necessary adjustments and minor repairs to equipment
- Must be able to fill and adjust ink fountain flow rates
- Change press plates, blankets, or cylinders, as required
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions.
- Must follow company procedures to help cut down on errors
- Must be able to collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments
- The ability to stand for up to eight hours a day and lift and move 50lbs. on a regular basis throughout the day.
- The ability to communicate well and work in a collaborative team environment where priorities can change
- Must be able to pull the proper paper stock and return to the correct location
- When necessary unloads pallets for the purpose of restocking and maintaining a safe, efficient and organized workspace
- Must be able to provide weekly inventory reports on pressroom consumables
- Must keep equipment and pressroom well maintained and clean
- Coordinates service provided by outside vendor
Education and/or experience: Minimum of 2 years offset printing experience. Must have basic computer knowledge, general knowledge of paper stocks, and general knowledge of the printing industry. Knowledge of the mailing industry is a plus. Must be able to accurately understand verbal and written instructions. Must be detail oriented and demonstrate self-initiative.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
The ability to stand for up to eight hours a day and lift and move 50lbs. on a regular basis throughout the day.
Interested in a career?
If you are interested in joining our team and you have that internal drive to grow with a company that is thriving and expanding, fill out this short form below.