First Shift Bindery Technician
Start Date: 08/17/2021 | Department: Printing-offset | Reports To: Production Manager
The employee in this position has the assigned responsibilities involving the operation of a variety of power equipment, such as folding, cutting, collating, drilling, punching and binding machines. They must be able to meet daily production goals that are as set by management. They must follow all departmental procedures ie: filling out paperwork correctly, keeping work area clean and safe. They will interact with the CSR’s and production about issues that may affect the work being processed.
The hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm with an hour lunch break. It may be necessary to work extra to make sure that all jobs are completed on time.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sets up automatic paper cutting machine for the cutting of blank stock and printed material to specified sizes; setting and adjusting the back gauge for length, width and squaring of stock.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates a collating machine for the purpose of assembling materials and saddle-stitching the material that has been assembled.
- Sets up and operates folding and perforating machines for the purposes of perforating and folding material per instructions on work tickets.
- Trains and assists other bindery workers in the performance of such functions as the performance of such operations as stitching, folding, gluing, scoring and perfing.
- Cleans, lubricates, adjusts and makes minor repair on folders, stitchers, cutters and other equipment used within the bindery department.
- Report any equipment/safety issues to management
- Direct any issues regarding the quality of work to management
- Fill out all paperwork associated with each job being run
- Has basic knowledge of mailing specifications, paper specifications and USPS guidelines.
- Any task assigned by supervisor
- Interact directly with the CSR’s and management
- To sweep area, take out garbage, clean tables and organize work areas
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, general education degree or related work experience
- Knowledge of cutters, folders, stitchers and other equipment used in the bindery
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in Direct mail
Interested in a career?
If you are interested in joining our team and you have that internal drive to grow with a company that is thriving and expanding, fill out this short form below.