Sign Shop Operator
Start Date: 01/25/2021 | Department: Production | Reports To: Production Manager
A Fast Growing marketing and direct mail company, located in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville, FL. We are currently looking for motivated job candidates for our Sign Shop department. We offer a generous package of employee benefits that include health, dental, paid holidays, paid vacation and a strong retirement benefit package with company matching percentage.
Our Sign Department has recently been added to our diverse marketing and direct mail firm and has given our clients the ability to have all their needs taken care of in one place. We are currently looking for second shift team members.
Our sign division operates with an Océ Arizona 6100 Series printer, which is a dedicated flatbed systems designed for versatile, higher volume production of high quality display graphics printing onto rigid substrates. This entirely new Océ Arizona Series printer platform has been designed for efficient, higher volume, rigid media print production. The Arizona is partnered with the Zund flatbed cutter.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
Operate and Maintain a wide format printer (84″ for roll and 4’x8’ flatbed) along with a vinyl cutter and a laminator. Be proficient in laminating, applying large format graphics, weeding and applying cut vinyl in the shop and on site.
- Keep shop clean and presentable
- Verify raw material inventory as required
- Complete work-orders
- Manufacture of signs as needed
- Prepare vinyl graphics and substrates for application as needed
- Prepare sign surfaces for application of text/graphics (cut to size and clean) as needed
- Assist customers both in person and on the telephone as required Installations
- Must be able to accurately understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to multi-task, highly organized, detail oriented and demonstrate self-initiative.
- Candidate must get familiar with different substrates and keep familiar of the growing and changing profession.
- Have basic mathematic skills to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Interested in a career?
If you are interested in joining our team and you have that internal drive to grow with a company that is thriving and expanding, fill out this short form below.