Start Date: 01/18/2021 | Department: Management | Reports To: COO
Works directly with all department supervisors to provide the highest quality products and ability to meet customer deadlines. This person is also responsible for overseeing and managing all day to day tasks of the production facility as well as department schedules, inventory, purchasing and keeping an open inter–office communication between departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create schedules daily for each department/employee at least 2 weeks in advance in detail with accurate run rates
- Keep jobs on schedule to ensure meeting all deadlines
- Update schedules daily based on approval, etc.
- Coordinate with team members and schedule staff to accommodate daily schedules
- Work with Facility Manager to ensure all maintenance is being done and any equipment issues are being resolved
- Perform daily/weekly inventory of all paper, mailing supplies, pressroom supplies and sign supplies.
- Get inventory into Midnight and use for auto deduction
- Update inventory monthly and communicate with production and sales to use up product on the shelf.
- Responsible for all purchasing for the company.
- Provide inventory sheets each Monday to staff so you can order what we need in each department. For example: paper, supplies for digital machines, envelope printer supplies, mailroom ink, flowmaster ink, pressroom supplies, and office supplies.
- Inventory paper and sign supplies daily
- Keep up with price increases and make any vendor adjustments to maintain the lowest costs.
- Responsible for updating current policies and procedures and implementing new ones. Train all team members on these.
- Keep updated operations manual
- Train current team members on procedures and coordinate with department heads to schedule new hires and their training.
- Responsible for employee time off requests, reviews and any discipline needed
- Responsible for interviewing potential new hires and firing of any current staff not meeting Kessler’s requirements
- Approving purchases
Minimum 5-10 years managerial experience preferably in the print and mailing business. College degree preferred but not required.
Interested in a career?
If you are interested in joining our team and you have that internal drive to grow with a company that is thriving and expanding, fill out this short form below.