Never Underestimate the Power of a Postcard
A well-conceived postcard mailing is an inexpensive way to get your message to your market. Whether you’re B2B or B2C, we’ll work closely with you to make sure your postcard mailing packs a powerful punch.
A postcard mailing is quick to produce and travels fast through the mail stream. Keep in mind that in order to qualify for First-Class Mail postcard rates, postcards must have certain dimensions. They must be rectangular, between 3 ½” high and 5” long, at least 0.007” thick (like an index card), and no higher than 4 ¼” or longer than 6”.
However, Kessler offers numerous creative sizes and styles for postcards that go well beyond the basics.
You can get magnet postcards, folded postcards, cards that have unique diecuts – even plastic postcards that resemble credit cards.
We’re postcard experts who make sure you get the best postal rate possible and take advantage of current USPS incentives as well as such programs as EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail).
People Respond to Direct Mail
In its 2014 Direct Mail Marketing Essential Guide, DMNews reports that 79% of consumers act on direct mail immediately, as opposed to 45% who do the same with email.
6 Elements to a Complete Postcard Campaign
A postcard mailing, like any direct mail effort, needs to incorporate 6 key elements in order for it to be effective:
- The List. Developing a targeted mailing list is crucial. Kessler Creative’s team will work with you to build the perfect list for each campaign, so that it reaches your ideal customer.
- The Message. Your message must be crystal clear and compelling. What’s your offer? Where’s the urgency? What are the benefits to these recipients? You must convey all of these points on your postcard. Our copywriters are adept at crafting perfect messages.
- The Creative. An eye-catching design is needed to help your direct mail stand out in the crowd, and it must also align with your business’ brand. Kessler’s postcard design services will make sure your campaign has high design value.
- The CTA. Don’t forget to include a Call To Action on every direct mail campaign. Where’s the urgency for the recipient to act? Is it a limited-time offer? What do you want your recipients to do once they get your postcard? We’ll make sure your CTA is front and center.
- The Production. How well your postcard is printed and how quickly it enters the mail stream is crucial. We specialize in producing postcard campaigns and can advise you on the best production methods for your needs.
- The Tracking. Did you know that direct mail is the most trackable and measurable of all media? Direct marketing expert Laura Beasley explains why in her blog post, which cites some remarkable statistics about the power of direct mail. Kessler has developed a unique tracking technology for your direct mail campaigns, called Response Boost Plus. Ask us for more information!
Personalize Your Mail Campaigns to Boost Response
Mass mailing static postcards is old hat. For maximum response, send personalized direct mail. This is a type of digital printing, where we marry a database with a design template so that every printed piece has different images and different copy that relates specifically to the recipient or a group of recipients.
According to the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), 65% of all B2C customers have purchased goods because of a direct mail piece – and 74% of participants are more likely to respond to a personalized mail piece.
Personalized direct mail goes deeper than just including a name on a printed piece. Because it incorporates demographic as well as behavioral data that we can glean from a targeted mailing list, we can design a campaign for you that produces relevant mail pieces for every address on your list.
Your Mail Campaign Is Trackable
We make sure you can measure the effectiveness of each mail campaign. This can be done in several ways.
First, Kessler mail experts help you choose your class of mail wisely. You could take advantage of USPS barcode scanning systems and other USPS service endorsements, like “Address Service Requested” and “Change Service Requested.”
Using QR codes is another option. Quick Response codes (those little, data-filled squares), when activated, capture an enormous amount of data for marketers, including how many and which recipients activated each code.
Kessler Creative has developed its own tracking technology, Response Boost Plus, which provides tremendous redemption tracking capabilities.
Imagine you own a chain of restaurants. You want to send out a mass postcard mailing to offer a $10 coupon for every location. We design a postcard campaign for all of your markets that incorporates a printed coupon generated by Response Boost Plus. Every coupon carries a barcode that’s encrypted with a unique ID – as individual as a Social Security number – that identifies the household.
When people bring that coupon into any one of your restaurants, we collect them and scan the codes into a database. We cross-reference your full mailing list with this list. Then we generate a response list that shows you exactly how well the coupon worked, and in which specific locations it was most effective.
That’s the power of a direct mail campaign: the combination of high-level creative, personalization, and response-tracking software translates into increased effectiveness and more sales. Direct mail works!