Q: Is direct mail better than other forms of advertising?
A: Direct mail definitely has advantages. Consider just a few:
- It’s targeted: Targeted direct mail allows you to reach your specific audience, directing your campaign to the exact market you want to reach.
- It’s personal: Variable data technology allows you to personalize each card by inserting database information. Rather than “Dear Sir,” your card is addressed to the recipient, creating higher response rates.
- It’s tailored: Craft a message tailor-made for your audience, addressing their needs and appealing to their interests.
- It’s flexible: Custom design allows unlimited possibilities in regard to colors and graphics.
- It’s tangible: Customers can hold your card, referring to your message as often as they like. And the right design can have your card displayed on refrigerator doors and bulletin boards! Include special offers to entice customer interaction and response.
- It’s measurable: Track your Direct Mail Postcard campaign by counting responses and inquiries the card generates. Knowing what works helps you tweak your next campaign for maximum results!
- It’s cost effective: Stretch your advertising budget by targeting who you want to reach when you want to reach them.
- It’s less visible to your competition: They won’t immediately know your strategy.
Q: What type of research is required to make direct mail work for me?
A: If you’ve been in business any length of time, you’ve likely done much of the research. The more you know about your customer or the potential customer, the better your campaign outcome. Who are your customers? Where do they live? How much do they make? What and when do they purchase? Any information you gather will help you determine what to advertise, when to advertise, and what type of message you choose to send.
Q: How can I get people to respond to direct mail?
A: Offer a time-limited incentive or set a deadline for a sale. Make it clear there is a reason to respond now to your direct mail offer.
My Direct Mail Project
Q: How quickly can my project get done?
A: Much depends upon the type and complexity of the project you request and how quickly you are able to provide proof approvals. Our goal is to provide you with a quality product in the least amount of time possible. Rush projects may be accommodated for an additional charge. Talk with your Account Executive for more information on how long it will take to complete your project.
Q: Working with print and design seems intimidating to me. Can you help me understand Print Lingo?
A: Certainly. We’re here to help you every step of the way. Any questions you have can be answered by our staff. Contact us any time you have a question.
Q: Bulk mailing takes so much staff time and energy. Can you help?
A: Rest easy and let Kessler Creative take care of your bulk mail needs. See Direct Mailing Services and Lettershop Services for more information on how Kessler Creative can handle all your mailing needs.
Q: What are my options regarding design?
A: Many! You can submit print-ready art using our submission guidelines or you can have the Kessler Creative Design Team do all the creative work for you. Whether you have an idea what you’d like your piece to look like or don’t even know where to begin, we’ll get you on the road to a well-designed marketing piece. Look through our Design Services for more information or contact us to talk with an Account Executive.
Q: How do I know what “design” is best for me?
A: Your image is truly as important to us as it is to you. Since visual messages are powerful tools, your Account Executive and the Kessler Creative team work with you to make sure the message you project is appropriate for you and your campaign.
Q: I’d like to submit my own artwork.
A: No problem. Just follow our Submit Artwork guidelines. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Q: Do you do more than direct mail postcards?
A: Absolutely! We’ll handle your direct mail campaigns as well as meet all your design and print needs for brochures, posters, flyers, rack cards, annual reports, guides, directories, and MORE! Ask your Account Executive for more information.
Have a question you don’t see answered here?